Bible verses for Christian entrepreneurs
There are several bible verses for Christian entrepreneurs to read to encourage them to start, grow and excel in their business endeavour.
God still speaks through His word from the time He called you to be an entrepreneur and which was a confirmation to get started with your business.
His word is the best standard guide on how to conduct your business affairs; handle employees, deal with competitors etc.
Also, His word clearly condemns evil and selfish business practices and highlight rewards for your faithful, diligent work.
Here are some bible verses categorize for different aspect of your business affairs;
God calls you
The God who called you has equipped you with the skills and plans to succeed in your chosen business. Here are some scriptures to affirm that;
- “Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’” Luke 19:13
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.” Ecclesiastes 9:10
- “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3
- “Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank.” Proverbs 22:29
- “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
- “He has filled them with the skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers.” Exodus 35:35
Handling your employees
Ideally, every employee should be excited to work for Christian-owned businesses if they truly abide by the word of God.
Therefore, treat your employees fairly, as long as is within your control. So don’t delay payment of salaries or wages of your workers when you can afford it.
I see people experience this where their boss(especially Christians) delays payment of wages without giving any reason or apologies.
Do you not know God condemns such behaviour?
Here are a couple of bible verses the Lord says concerning such behaviour;
- “ ‘Do not defraud or rob your neighbour. “ ‘Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight. Leviticus 19:13
- “Behold, the wages of the labourers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.” James 5:4
- “And when you let him go free from you, you shall not let him go empty-handed. You shall furnish him liberally out of your flock, out of your threshing floor, and out of your winepress. As the Lord your God has blessed you, you shall give to him.” Deuteronomy 15:13-14
- “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” Luke 16:10
Dealing with Competition
Christian entrepreneur should avoid interfering on other people’s business and focus on theirs. Do you not know that when you focus on your competitors that may cause a rift?
Rather keep the 5th business commandment, be peaceful and mind your business as seen in this scripture;
- “…and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you.” 1 Thessalonians 4:11
- “I have seen that every labour and every skill which is done is the result of rivalry between a man and his neighbour. This too is vanity and striving after wind.” Ecclesiastics 4:4
- “Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;” Proverbs 24:17
- “And if you make a sale to your neighbour or buy from your neighbour, you shall not wrong one another.” Leviticus 25:14
- “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.” 1 Corinthians 9:25
Against evil practices in business
The Lord detests evil practices in businesses when you build by injustice, cheating and dishonest gains there are repercussions from the Lord.
Here are some scriptures to get your attention on such matter;
- “Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his upper rooms by injustice, making his own people work for nothing, not paying them for their labour.” —Jeremiah 22:13
- “God hates cheating in the marketplace; he loves it when business is aboveboard.” —Proverbs 11:1(msg)
- “One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.” —Proverbs 22:16
- “Unequal weights are an abomination to the Lord, and false scales are not good.” —Proverbs 20:23
- “Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.” —James 5:4
- “In you, they have taken bribes to shed blood; you have taken interest and profits, and you have injured your neighbours for gain by oppression, and you have forgotten Me,” declares the Lord God.” —Ezekiel 22:12
- “A merchant, in whose hands are false balances, He loves to oppress…labours they will find in me No iniquity, which would be sin.” —Hosea 12:7-8
Blessing time in business
As long as you operate your business with the standard of God’s word and not the pattern of the world. The Lord has assured you of the blessings through His Word.
God always rewards the faithful, obedient, generous, diligent and good.
Here are some of the scriptures affirming that;
- “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” -Psalm 84:11
- “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” -2 Corinthians 9:8
- “Goodwill come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.” -Psalm 112:5
- “You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.” -Deuteronomy 8:18
- “…but accurate weights find favour with him.” -Proverbs 11:1b
- “…but diligent hands bring wealth.” –Proverbs 10:4b
Takeaway: These bible verses for Christian entrepreneurs should serve as a standard in conducting your business affairs. Remember, there is a reward for all good acts and punishment for evil.
Kindly share this article if you find it useful and want others to benefit from it too. You can also subscribe to receive email notifications when there are new articles or useful updates